Hospice Nurse - LVN - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
A hospice nurse understands that it is the small things that matter. A warm smile and reassuring touch that shows you care. A kind word that soothes the heart and fosters a personal connection. A hospice nurse believes in the importance of building relationships, and is ready to make a difference.
Hospice nursing isn't just a job, it's a calling. Here at Seasons Hospice, nurses are at the forefront of the care we provide. We tailor our orientation program to each specific nurse using a combination of e-learning and hands-on training at the bedside, giving our nurses the education and tools they need to guide and care for our patients at one of the most critical times in their lives. The reward for doing so is immeasurable.
Consider joining the Seasons team today: where those who give, receive.
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus
The Hospice Nurse - Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) works under the direct supervision of a Hospice Registered Nurse, provide nursing care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
May include continuous care services and in-home respite care services.
- Guided by the interdisciplinary plan of care, gather information related to the patient / family physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs, and collaborate with the Hospice Registered Nurse, pt./family, physician, and IDG to coordinate care.
- Initiates and maintains communication with Hospice Registered Nurse, IDG, Team / Clinical Director, and other agencies to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Documents according to protocol and maintains up-to-date patient records so that the care plan’s problems, interventions, actions and goals reflect baseline, current, and ongoing status, and changes as they occur.
- Participates in Continuous Care, Respite Care or On-Call assignment / rotation as directed. May conduct in Information / Sign-On & Consent visits as assigned.
- In keeping with the plan of care, provides education to patient and caregiver(s) as needed based on knowledge needs and learning assessment and patient / family condition.
- Informs the Hospice Registered Nurse, Team / Clinical Director or AOC and IDG of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- Attends the IDG Meetings and other patient conferences as deemed necessary by the Team / Clinical Director.
- Participates in orientation and ongoing education programs and maintains current professional licensure.
- Demonstrates familiarity and use of agency and state(s) policies and protocols and federal regulations pertaining to provision of hospice and nursing services.
- Participates on committees and special projects and other related duties as assigned
- License in state(s) practicing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
- Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required only for:
All direct patient care in state of Georgia.
Apply for Hospice Nurse - LVN - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly