Registered Charge Nurse RN II Operating Room
DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Evenings Shift Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations. As a RN Charge Nurse at Methodist, you would be responsible for coordinating unit operations and promoting collaboration among team members. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving as leader and mentor to others and ensuring delivery of exceptional care to patients and their families. We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Applying advanced leadership skills to achieved desired outcomes and prevent/resolve conflict
- Role modeling and promoting exceptional standards of behavior while providing optimal patient care and a positive work environment
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to make appropriate patient care assignments and deliver safe nursing care to patients
- Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS Certification
- You should have one year of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.