Administrative RN Director of Women's/Children
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Administrative RN Director of Women's/Children Services Wesley Medical Center We are seeking a Administrative RN Director of Women's/Children Services for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90th percentile nationally. The Nursing Director provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients in the service line. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management, operational functions, strategic planning and program development as well as maintaining 24 hour accountability. The Director performs delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility. The Director displays positive support for the values and mission of Wesley Medical Center.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
- Ensures patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Cente
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Maintains current professional knowledge, acts as a role model/resource, and oversees direct nursing care to patients
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Identifies opportunities for strategic development of service line(s)
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines
- Accountable for the assessment and evaluation of staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel, according to patient acuity levels
- Oversees the investigation, documentation and resolution of complaints or incidents concerning patients, visitors, physicians and staff
- Ensures service line(s) commitment to hospital life -safety, quality, and risk management policies, procedures, and standards of regulatory agencies
- Oversees the development and implementation of goals and objectives for the service line(s)
- Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth
- Accountable for all service line(s) specific records and certifications, as required
- Consistently operates the service line within established fiscal guidelines
- Oversees the improvement of operational functions of the service line(s)
- Represents Wesley Medical Center in physician, vendor and community relations related to the service line(s)
QualificationsRequired Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Current Multi-State Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course through AHA or ARC
- Master's Degree (or current enrollment) in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business or related field
- Five years of progressive nursing management experience
- Clinical knowledge appropriate for service line
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.