RN-CARDIAC CATH LAB
HOT JOBS BONUS AVAILABLE! Pleae discuss with our Recruiter.
Delivers direct nursing care to a variety of patients receiving diagnostic, interventional, cardiology and radiology procedures in the catheterization laboratory environment. This care involves pre-procedural, intra-procedural and post-procedural responsibilities. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates all patient care within the department including patient, family and significant other education.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of hemodynamic pressure recording/interpretation, sterile technique, cardiac catheterization and special procedures equipment and supplies,computer skills adequate to document nursing notes electronically.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting unanticipated demands and priorities.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy in interacting with staff, clients, and the public.
- Ability to perform in crises.
- Capable of functioning independently pertaining to patient care and equipment functions.
- Ability to participate in planning and arranging work as a team member. PAL's certification preferred.
- Associates Nursing Required
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- Five (5) years of responsible work experience as a Registered Nurse in a cardaic related experience on telemetry nursing unit or a two (2) years of responsible work experience as a Registered Nurse in a Critical Care or Emergency Department, or a closely related field.
- 2 years Healthcare/Medical - Critical Care Medicine Required
- 2 years Healthcare/Medical - Emergency Services/Trauma Required
- 5 years Healthcare/Medical - Telemetry Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Advance Cardiac Life
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.