Patient Care Tech, Mother Baby Residency Program
Come join our Mother-Baby Patient Care Tech team at the Northside Atlanta Campus! This program will consist of 8 weeks of classroom and clinical training.
As a Mother Baby PCT you will:
- Assists mothers with breast-feeding, provides patient education relating to infant care, checks and assists with monitor equipment and sets up for phototherapy.
- Checks computer information regarding patients, and answers telephone as needed.
- Assists in the ongoing maintenance of hospital and department quality initiatives, including but not limited to patient safety initiatives and bedside glucose monitoring quality controls.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions, or employee/patient/visitor injury-accident to Manager.
- Performs daily care activities including bathing, personal hygiene, feeding and dressing patients.
- Obtains and records vital signs, intake and output amounts, or other measures as designated, collects and tests specimens as required, and observes patient's condition and reports abnormal symptoms, unusual conditions or adverse reactions to the nurse.
- Assists patients with position changes, range of motion exercises, standing and walking. Transports patients as required for treatments, procedures, etc.
- Assists physicians and nurses with physical examination and treatments, and performs surgical preps and simple sterile or nonsterile dressing changes. Inserts and removes foley catheters as directed.
- Provides additional therapies, procedures and treatments. These skills include but are not limited to NG tube maintenance, EKG lead placement, suction and oxygen setup.
- Transports equipment, specimens, blood, etc., throughout the hospital.
- Maintains technical training in use of equipment pertinent to specific area.
- May enter physician orders for tests, procedures, etc., into computer system. May transcribe medical orders as required. Prints lab results from SunQuest computer.
- Documents care activities and patient data in appropriate area of patient record.
- May witness patient signature of consent forms.
- Performs 12 lead EKGs accurately as designated by department, following completion of training and competency check-off.
1. a. Listed as a CNA on the Georgia Registry OR
b. Graduate of a U.S. Military Medic course OR
c. Enrolled in a School of Nursing and has completed one (1) full semester of clinical rotations OR
d. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Medical Degree program
2. Current BLS card (CPR
*MUST be flexible during orientation to work Day or Nightshift
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 7p-7a
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: No