Student Nurse Tech (Valor)
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 05/12/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Will have completed the final semester or quarter of the junior year in an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing accredited baccalaureate or generic equivalent nursing program as of May 2020.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The CGPA must be computed on post-secondary academic work taken within the past 3 years, or based on academic work accepted for credit towards the nursing degree. While a student may have a grade lower than a "C" in a nursing course, the cumulative GPA for the nursing core courses may not be less than a 3.0.
- Be able to complete a minimum of 400 hours (generally 10, 40 hour work weeks during the summer months) as a VALOR Nursing Student.
- Not have a service obligation to any Federal, state, or private institution; or be a recipient of any Federal scholarship that incurs a service obligation. http://www.va.gov/ohrm/joblistings/VAQualStds.doc
Physical Requirements: Moderate Lifting (15 - 44 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15 - 44 lbs); Straight Pulling (2 hours); Pushing (2 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (4 hours); Standing (2.5 hours); Kneeling (.5 hours); Repeated bending (3 hours); Both legs required; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/50 and to 20/100 in the other; Depth perception; Hearing (aid permitted). Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.