Registered Nurse Endoscopy (GI Lab) Full Time Days
Registered Nurse Endoscopy (GI Lab) AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time, Day Shift, plus call
You Will Be Responsible For:
- All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The performance of this position requires substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which include, but not limited to:
- Performs assessments on patients and determines the total nursing needs of assigned patients.
- Assesses patient/family needs in relation to presenting problem, care needs, physical condition and learning needs.
- Performs head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Identifies problems and or/or nursing diagnosis and plans for nursing interventions.
- Anticipates patient care problems and initiates corrective actions.
- Recognizes abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, blood gas values, radiologic data and knows the significance of each. Recognizes the patient’s and family’s perception of hospitalization and health status.
- Recognizes therapeutic drug levels.
- Identifies the patient’s learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet them including the family in the process. Educates patient/families regarding new medications including effects and potential side effects as indicated.
- Formulates a goal directed plan of care and develops appropriate nursing diagnosis based on needs specific to the standard of care and updates according to policy.
- Accurately performs nursing actions to achieve patient care goals.
- Establishes priorities of patient care based on the needs of the patient.
- Implements specific interventions, treatments, and medications as defined in the plan of care and documents outcomes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate actions.
- Consistently uses tools available in the electronic medical record (EMR) to ensure patient safety and to optimize patient care:
- Performs real-time documentation
- Initiates and signs off physician orders promptly.
- Complies with national patient safety standards regarding patient identification prior to treatments and medication administration.
- Accurately administers all medications in a safe manner displaying competence in the use of an automated dispensing machine where applicable.
- Accurately and safely performs and supervises the care needed with complex patient interventions including a colostomy, ileostomy, Jackson Pratt, sump pump, CPM, saline lock, and chest tubes.
- Maintains aseptic technique, demonstrating knowledge of infection control practices.
- Maintains a safe environment within the hospital for patients and families.
- Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one’s work performance.
- Accurately documents in the electronic medical record.
- Works effectively under stress/expresses frustrations in appropriate manner and place.
- Adheres to current SGNA recommendations, standards and practices.
- Assumes responsibility for care of the Endoscopy patient and manages any complications appropriately.
- Accurately demonstrates ability to use and troubleshoot Endoscopy equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of airway maintenance including patients that are intubated and mechanically ventilated.
- Demonstrates knowledge about Anesthetic agents and their reversal agents.
- Accurately monitors and interprets hemodynamic status of the post-op patient including interpretation of cardiac monitor strips with appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences when needed.
- Confirms patient’s understanding of care and treatments received. ****
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
- Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations, and other external/internal forces.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms.
- Maintains current clinical, technical, professional competencies, certifications and licensure requirements.****
- Attends a minimum of 8 scheduled staff meetings annually.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
- Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
- Copes with emergencies, staffing shortages, shift rotations and floating assignments.
- Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of health care and implements budgetary containment measures.
- Maintains equipment in its proper working condition identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews current literature and other available resource
- Seeks and accept constructive criticism and implement actions designed for self-improvement
- Shows self-direction and leadership by functioning without the need for close supervision
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Displays working knowledge of endoscopic techniques
- Critical Care experience, i.e. ICU, CCU, PCU, PACU, or similar setting preferred
- Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- BLS - condition of employment
- A new hire may begin employment provided the facility has the ability to facilitate the successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice-assisted manikin skills check off (ie: Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) Program or Heartcode) or instructor-led training.
- State of Florida RN License
- SGNA, AORN, or similar preferred
The RN is responsible for the coordination of patient care using a multidisciplinary approach to the nursing process in accordance with the Hospital's Mission, physician and patient expectations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.