Registered Nurse (RN) ICU
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in the ICU.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services
What you will do in this role:
• Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
• Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
• Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
• Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
• Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
• Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing• Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners State of Texas.• Minimum of one-year experience in Critical Care in an acute care hospital within the last three years required.• Experience with high acuity ICU medical / surgical patients is preferred.• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification• TNCC required within 18 months of employment.• CCRN preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.