Registered Nurse House Supervisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a House Supervisor you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Surgical Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Surgical Hospital we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Student Loan Repayment
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Supervisor, House Admin, Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The St. David’s HealthCare Registered Nurse House Supervisor (HS) will supervise Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and other non-licensed nursing personnel. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the HS will collaborate with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care and goals of the department. The HS will serve as a professional role-model and interfaces directly with patients, families, physicians and staff. The HS will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating intradepartmental and interdepartmental functioning of the hospital. The HS will be responsible for the direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of nursing performance and activities related to the care and treatment of patients within the hospital on a specific shift. The HS will coordinate the assignments of patients to specific units within the hospital, assigns nursing staff to specific clinical areas within the hospital to meet patient care needs and acts as the official representative of the management and administrative staff of the hospital in their absence.
- You will supervise and ensure nursing care meets the standard of practice. A primary role of the HS is efficient bed management.
- You will collaborate with the Charge Nurses, Nursing Supervisors and Managers, Case Management, Physicians and other interdisciplinary team members.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of national patient safety goals, hospital core measures, performance improvement processes and service excellence quality initiatives.
- You will be knowledgeable of all policies and practices relative to the role and duty performed and demonstrate at minimum, basic computer skills related to the role and care of the patient. The HS presents a professional image and courteous demeanor at all times.
- You will work autonomously, sets priorities and makes independent decisions of a complex nature.
- You will interface directly with the public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives.
- You will ensure the confidentiality of patients’ medical records.
- You will be highly reliable and work as scheduled with minimal exceptions.
- You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills adequate for performance of the position.
St. David's Surgical Hospital, a campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, is a destination surgical hospital specializing in orthopedic, gynecological, urological and reconstructive surgery, among others. Located in North Austin, the 46 bed facility includes spacious inpatient rooms, 10 operating room suites, and imaging, pharmacy and lab services.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum of five years experience of clinical practice (three of which have been as Charge Nurse or similar management role) : Required
Previous experience in clinical nursing: Preferred
Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program: Required
Bachelor's or higher level degree: Preferred
Required: Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State; BCLS Certification and ACLS certification per SDH policy
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.