Nurse Manager - Emergency Services
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
We are seeking a Nurse Manager of Emergency Services for Methodist Free Standing Emerency Center - Converse. The Nurse Manager facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period. The Nurse Manager is responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What you will do in your role:
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
What qualifications you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience.
- 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
- Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or ability to obtain temporary license prior to hire. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
Methodist ER Converse serves the Converse and surrounding area with our 24/7 freestanding emergency center. This 12,650 square-foot facility features 12 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as radiology, full-service laboratory, telemetry, immediate intervention for serious emergencies, and 24-hour monitoring and testing of cardiac patients. We also offer unique use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS), which allows staff to electronically transmit diagnostic images from Methodist ER Converse to any Methodist credentialed physician's office, specialist or any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist ER Converse under Locations, Emergency Rooms.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.