Registered Nurse ARRMC (NICU) - Based in Jacksonville, FL
RN ? NICU Position Overview
Union I Part -Time IDays I .75FTE
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Special Care Nursery (SCN) are a combined department and have the capacity for 32 patients. It is a regional specialty unit specifically designed to provide comprehensive patient care using high technology equipment uniquely designed for premature and/or ill infants. The NICU/SCN is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The department is divided into two areas in order to allow the necessary space to provide care for up to 32 babies. The main NICU is located on the first floor adjacent to the Labor and Delivery department which has 16 beds spaces and the SCN is located on 2 East where there are an additional 16 beds in 13 private rooms. Three of the rooms in the SCN are designed for twins.
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center has a level 3b NICU and treat 24-week preterm infants and up. There are a total of 26 NICU beds and nurse to baby ratios are 1:1 to 1:3 depending on acuity. The NICU has a dedicated transport team that services Southern Oregon and surrounding areas. Average daily census is 20.
- Associates Degree in Nursing or above.
- Must have 2 years in Level 3 NICU or completed a recent NICU New Graduate Training Program.
- Experience in maternal/infant transport, preferred.
- Charge experience, preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing. Will consider candidates with RN licensure from out of state ? but Oregon license is required by start date.
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association(AHA) is required upon start.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification jointly sponsored with the AHA must be obtained within 4 months of hire date.
- National Certification in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing is preferred.
- RNC-NIC and CCRN-N preferred
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
Compensation & Benefits
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
Our mission is simple: "Asante exists to provide quality healthcare services in a compassionate manner, valued by the communities we serve."
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values ? the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service ? Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.