DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Hospital Valve Clinic Coordinator- RN Aortic Clinic Full Time – No Weekends Non-Exempt Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Aortic Clinic. Submit your application today! Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Performs direct patient care within the scope of the nurse practice act, as it applies to the outcomes and processes of the Heart Valve Center. Plans, coordinates and implements the care of the valve patient in the outpatient setting. Acts as a liaison with the physicians, patient/families and ancillary departments. Assess financial, medical and social resources of current and potential valve program patients in conjunction with the Valve team. Coordinates the flow of information among the medical, nursing, and financial and research staff as appropriate. Develops, maintains and implements a teaching plan with the patient and family, to include lab values, medication overview and diagnosis related information. What you will do in this role:
- Plan, coordinate, and implement care of the valve patients in the outpatient clinic
- Review clinical progress of patients and coordinates communications to referring, valve and primary care physicians.
- Plan, organize and provide direct care to the valve patient
- Facilitate the development of a patient specific teaching plan
- Review patient’s current health information, relay information and make referrals as necessary to the physician.
- Serve as a resource for the hospital staff regarding the care of the valve patient
- Educate patient and families regarding planned procedures, medications and treatments
- Make referral as appropriate as noted by the physician
- Develops and oversee implementation and administration of internal policies and procedures in conjunction with standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them. Ensures regulatory compliance of the practice.
- Coordinate information among:
- Referring, primary care and valve clinic physicians
- Ancillary departments
- Answer patient/family phone calls, field questions appropriately
- Participate in creating an environment that implements the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Responsible for full nursing assessment of clinic patients, including documentation of vital signs, sign and symptoms of disease process, NYHA class. Responsible for reviewing all diagnostic imaging studies, lab values and notify MD as appropriate for abnormal findings
- Knowledge and application of pertinent computer programs and imaging and software
QualificationsMust be a graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing and currently license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas. At least 3 years Cardiology or critical Care RN experience are required. Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America. As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.