DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY:The RN Staff Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las PalmasMedicalCenter and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the Health Care Team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
QualificationsREQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION:Current RN licensure in Texas, BCLS certified, NLN Medication Exam. REQUIRED EDUCATION: Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:None PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment
- Rehab Nursing experience preferred
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written
- Computer skills needed
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.