Registered Nurse Progressive Care
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse Progressive Care
Medical City Denton
Work Schedule: Full-time Night 7p to 7a
$10K sign-on bonus and 3K relo for qualified applicants!
Medical City Denton is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. Offering a full-spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced open-heart surgery and trauma programs, Denton Regional's more than 850 employees and 300 physicians are constantly striving to offer the highest quality service to the North Texas area. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
Medical City Denton’s Progressive Care Unit, or PCU, is a 25-bed critical care telemetry unit for patients whose medical conditions warrant closer monitoring, but do not require continuous invasive monitoring. PCU is a step-down critical care unit that has patients with multiple diagnosis that include cardiovascular, neurological, respiratory, gastrointestinal and endocrine disorders.
The Registered Nurse – Progressive Care Unit - RN PCU is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale
- Generous tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
- 401k Plan - 100% matching contribution — from 3% to 9% of pay — based on your years of vesting service
· Licensed RN by the State of Texas
· Associates Degree Nursing required, BSN preferred (must be willing to enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of employment and complete within 2 years)
· 1 year of critical care experience preferred
· BLS required. Specialty certification encouraged
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.