Registered Nurse ARRMC (Hospice Services) - Based in Boise, ID
RN ? Hospice Visit Nurse Position Overview
FTE: / Status: 1.0 fte / Full-Time
Schedule: 4 (10's) / 0800-1830
These positions will be for Visit Nursing. Serving Jackson and/or Josephine County. Potential for Case Management opportunities.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Asante Hospice Mission is to serve our community by providing quality end-of-life care. We honor our patients? and families? choices through compassionate holistic services.
We are looking for nurses who are independent, self ?motivated, committed to ongoing personal and professional growth, have good communication skills, and have a passion for helping people and making a real difference in their daily lives.
Hospice nurses see patients where they live, so have a great deal of autonomy, but also work closely with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team. Asante Hospice has one of the highest employee engagement and retention rates within the Asante organization, which is a reflection of the support of management, the hospice team, and the challenging and rewarding work of end of life care.
As a Hospice RN at Asante, you will:
- Support families at end of life
- Be organized with good communication skills and work well as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Be an innovative thinker
- Work autonomously throughout Jackson and Josephine Counties
- Bachelor?s degree in Nursing, preferred
- RN experience in an acute care hospital, home health, and/or outpatient oncology setting Hospice experience, preferred ACE?s training experience beneficial Recent home health and/or long-term care experience beneficial
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing. Will consider candidates with RN licensure from out of state ? but Oregon license is required by start date
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association(AHA) is required upon start
- Possession of a valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past ten years and proof of insurance may be required
- CHPN: Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse, preferred
- CMSRN: Certified Medical Surgical RN, preferred
- HNC: Holistic Nurse Certified, preferred
- WCC: Wound Care Certified, preferred
- COCN: Certified Ostomy Care Nurse, preferred
- MSN RN-BC: Medical Surgical Nurse RN Board Certified, preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region. Our mission is simple: "Asante exists to provide quality healthcare services in a compassionate manner, valued by the communities we serve."
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values ? the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service ? Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.