DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: Tuition Reimbursement Paid Personal Leave 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) Identity Theft Protection discounts Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options Adoption Assistance Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Student Loan Repayment You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team. Job Summary: This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance. Responsibilities:
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
- Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
QualificationsEducation & Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 1 year adult, acute care nursing experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in PACU, Surgical Services or other Critical Care unit preferred
- Current Registered Nurse license from the state of Texas or from a state within the Nursing Compact. If Compact, a Texas license is required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS Certification required
- Current ACLS certification within 90 days of hire
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.