Clinical Nurse Coordinator ICU
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Medical City Arlington
RN Registered Nurse - Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Full- time, Nights
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way. Do you have a passion for helping others? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, student loan repayment, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. Summary: Under the general supervision of the unit’s director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit or department. Responsibilities:
- Is a clinical Registered Nurse who can assume care for the patient population on the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-, family- and person-centered care.
- Operationalizes evidenced-based practices to enhance patent safety and quality outcomes.
- Represents the organization positively within the community, and participates in company-supported and other healthcare related community/patient events and in-services.
Will assume leadership responsibility for the management of the unit in support of the manager/director, including direct supervision of a portion of the unit/department staff, payroll editing, performance reviews, coaching and developing staff, performance management, recognition, and other duties as assigned. Each CNC on the unit will have designated responsibilities, that may rotate, within one or more of the following core areas:
- Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
- Patient Experience
- Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
- Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review, and supply management
- Staff Development including education and competency; New Graduate (resident) and Preceptor support
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required within 1 year. Magnet®/Pathways® Accredited hospitals require BSN at time of hire.
- Other leadership training and activity in professional organizations highly preferred.
- Certification in specialty required within 1 year.
- Completion of charge nurse course required within one year.
- Texas State RN License
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.