RN Registered Nurse Cardiovascular ICU CVICU
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular ICU / CVICUFull-Time, Days
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way. Do you have a passion for helping others? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a CVICU RN.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Summary:The registered nurse on our CVICU / Cardiac Care Unit is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing a critical cardiovascular event which includes MI with or without interventional cardiac procedures, open heart surgery including CAB and Valvular surgery, surgical or invasive repair of the great vessels and peripheral arteries. The CVICU RN is a resource person and provides guidance to other licensed,as well as non-licensed, personnel.
Responsibilities:• Delivers direct patient care according to established standards.• Implements, maintains, updates, and evaluates individualized plan of care on each assigned patient utilizing knowledge of the developmental needs appropriate to their age group.• Assists patient and family with understandable and thorough pre-operative and procedure teaching.• Administers medication, IV therapy and treatments to assigned patients in an effective and timely manner.• Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39,000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. Additionally, we are a Primary Stroke Center, perform spine surgery and joint replacements and have a comprehensive cardiovascular services department. Our hospital is an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a cardiac rehabilitation program.If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications and if you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our Recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate from a school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 1 years Critical care experience is required within the past year, cardiovascular experience preferred
- Specific Requirements:
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- Certified in BCLS & ACLS from AHA or ARC required within 30 days of employment.
- Pssess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Pssess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Knwledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to Critical Care Nursing.
- Clinically prficient in critical care nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the development needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Charge nurse experience preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Pssess manual dexterity to manipulate technical patient care equipment.
- Able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- God general health and emotional stability.
- Must be able to sit intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, reach and twist occasionally to frequently.
- May be expsed to dust, fumes or gases occasionally.
- May be exposed to changes in temperature or humidity occasionally.
- May be near moving machinery occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push, pull or carry up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.