Operating Room Registered Nurse
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
**NIGHTS Wed-Friday** **SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE** Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare as an Operating Room (Circulator) Registered Nurse.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Operating Room (Circulator) Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. Perioperative RNs assess, plan and implement the nursing care plan for the patient throughout the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative periods. These activities include patient assessment, monitoring the surgical field, patient education, monitoring the patient’s condition, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans before, during and after the procedure to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical environment.
- You will monitor patient vital signs, sedation levels and physical / emotional well-being.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN’s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide pre- and post-operative patient education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance.
During surgery, the perioperative nurse may assume any of the following responsibilities:
- Scrub nurse – assists the surgeon within the sterile field by passing instruments, sponges, and other items needed during the surgical procedure.
- Circulating nurse – works outside the sterile field observing the surgical team from a broad perspective and assists anywhere needed.
- RN First Assistant – directly assist the surgeon by controlling bleeding and by providing wound exposure and suturing during the actual procedure (role requires additional education and training to deliver direct surgical care).
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Operating Room (Circulator) Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- At least 1 year of nursing experience required
- Current Texas RN license or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State required. If Compact, a Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire date.
- Current BCLS certification required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.