Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Ultrasound
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
- Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the adult patient receiving invasive, diagnostic, and interventional procedures
- Promote and maintain a safe and therapeutic cardiovascular non-invasive lab environment.
- Provide high quality care -pre, post, and during procedures
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual cardiovascular non-invasive lab patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Monitor and interpret EKG waveforms.
- Administer Sedation Analgesia and monitoring patient’s response
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate personnel
- Assist in Inventory control and ordering of department supplies
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Promote a supportive environment.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse externs.
- Maintain high quality [age specific] care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Must have a current RN license by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas
- One year of non- invasive cardiology experience is highly preferred
- Three years of critical care experience is preferred
- Must have BLS - ACLS
- Must have basic knowledge of hemodynamic values
- Must haev experience with conscious sedation
- Verification of basic rhythm interpretations skills is required
- Basic computer skills are required
- Will be accountable for nursing judgments within the guidelines of the plan of care, department policy and licensure
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.