Operating Room Registered Nurse
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare as an Operating Room Registered Nurse (Circulator). At St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans before, during and after the procedure to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical environment.
- You will monitor patient vital signs, sedation levels and physical / emotional well-being.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN’s scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide pre- and post-operative patient education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance.
- Scrub nurse – assists the surgeon within the sterile field by passing instruments, sponges, and other items needed during the surgical procedure.
- Circulating nurse – works outside the sterile field observing the surgical team from a broad perspective and assists anywhere needed.
- RN First Assistant – directly assist the surgeon by controlling bleeding and by providing wound exposure and suturing during the actual procedure (role requires additional education and training to deliver direct surgical care).
QualificationsEducation and Experience: Associate’s Degree in Nursing required Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred At least 1 year of nursing experience in the Operating room Licenses and Certifications: Current Texas RN license or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State required. If Compact, a Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire date. Current BCLS certification required Certification by SGNA preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.