Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN)
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas
Registered Nurse / RN - Operating Room / OR
Schedule: Full Time Days - Various Schedules and Specialties
(Rotating Weekends - Call Required)We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF $10,000 for eligible candidates! Relocation assistance may also be available
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking an Operating Room RN for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. The Surgical Services / Surgery - OR Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Peri-operative Patients/Surgical Services, 34 OR Suites (Includes Open Heart) that handles adult and pediatric cases.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive OR environment
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned
- Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
- BSN Required
- Must not have allowed one year to lapse since graduation without employment
- Surgical experience required unless internship attendee
- Current Texas RN License or valid compact license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- 2 years OR RN experience preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.