RN Electroshock Therapy (ECT)
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse – RN – Behavioral Health – Psychiatric Nurse Shift: FT Days Medical City Green Oaks Hospital
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $7,500 for eligible candidates!
Green Oaks Psychiatric Hospital currently has exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses that have a heart and passion for Behavioral medicine. We currently have opportunities for full time RN positions for those who enjoy working with all patient populations. The hospital has a Psychiatrist on campus 24 hours a day for consultation regarding patients. The Physicians work very closely with nursing staff for collaboration on patient care needs. We are seeking experienced Nurses who have a heart and passion for behavioral medicine. Our nurses have the ability to multi task and have critical thinking skills, which allow them to take initiative when needed. We seek nurses who have high energy that can work in a fast paced environment providing compassionate care to our patients. Green Oaks Hospital: Green Oaks Psychiatric hospital celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106 beds, and 35 physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare, you will have access to resources that can enhance your career development and progression. Green Oaks Hospital is a place where one person can make a difference. Description:
Directs and supervises LVNs and unlicensed personnel in performance of their duties (RNs only)
- Performs nursing assessment for outpatients (RN only)
Communicates with physicians and other team members regarding progress and needs of patients
Performs pre-procedure assessment of patient- level of depression, treatment issues, memory and pain issues.
- Performs procedural functions
- Participates in “time out” prior to any procedure.
- Supports physician education of procedure
Perform recovery functions- assess orientation of patient, vital signs and level of consciousness post-procedure
Gives medications as ordered by physician and reviews any prescribed medication changes.
Participates in Performance & Quality Improvement activities including Patient Safety initiatives
Adheres to hospital policies and procedures and the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) ECT standards
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
Employee’s conduct reflects the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
- Performs other duties as requested or required
Benefits:We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be obtained during orientation.
- Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization, age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and chemical dependency is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format recommended.
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.