Cardiovascular Imaging Registered Nurse
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical Center Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity. Benefits: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. POSITION SUMMARY: The Cardiovascular Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas/Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The Cardiovascular Nurse will supervise and provide feedback to the Director regarding patient care and is a clinical role model. In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Cardiovascular Nurse will be cross-trained to assist in the Hybrid OR, EP Lab, Heart Recovery, Non-invasive procedures to include EKG and stress testing. The Cardiovascular Nurse may be required to work in multiple locations. On-Call is required. Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units’ specific patient population served. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient’s behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality Improvement processes.
Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of personnel and resources.
Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents, orders and documentation are present for procedures.
Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Hybrid OR, Cath Lab, Heart recovery Unit, and non-invasive areas.
Assures case charges are completed each day and ensures daily departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care of patients in the CVS departments on needed basis. Plans and implements department in-service program. Assists Director with PI data collection and report generation. May be required to work in multiple locations.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advance Cardiac Life support within 6 months of hire
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State
Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required.
Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered nurse
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to understand and transfer physician’s orders and document
- in medical record.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic balloon pumping.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.