Program Director - BSN Nursing Program - San Antonio, Texas
3 days left
- Full Time
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen’s fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Relocation available
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students’ success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we’d love to talk!
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a BSN Program Director to provide engaged leadership with the development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous quality improvement of the educational program in accordance with the laws and rules of all applicable state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies in response to identified industry and community needs.
- Ensure that students and graduates have achieved the student learning outcomes, program outcomes, and role-specific graduate competencies
- Facilitate faculty in the implementation of systematic plan for evaluation
- Ensure that aggregated and trended evaluation findings are used to inform decision making for the maintenance and improvement of the student learning outcomes and program outcomes; shares these findings with communities of interest
- Assume responsibility for the oversight of programmatic accreditation; is vested with the administrative authority to accomplish the program’s mission, goals, and expected program outcomes; and provides effective supervision and leadership for the academic nursing unit to achieve its mission, goals, and expected program outcomes
- Foster an educational environment that supports the students, graduates, and faculty in their pursuit of life-long learning
- Ensure that the number of faculty is sufficient to achieve the student learning outcomes and program outcomes
- Identify the resources required for faculty (full- and part-time) to maintain expertise in their areas of responsibility
- Ensure that faculty are academically prepared for the areas in which they teach, maintain expertise in their areas of responsibility, and that their performance reflects scholarship and evidence-based teaching and clinical practices. Ensures that faculty (full- and part-time) are oriented and mentored in their areas of responsibility
- Oversee the systematic assessment of faculty (full- and part-time) performance; develops a plan with the faculty when areas for improvement are identified
- Ensure that faculty engage in on-going development and receive support for instructional and distance technologies
- Screen and interview faculty applicants, recommends faculty prior to hire to the Dean, and actively mentors faculty in the Rank & Promotion process
- Collaborate with faculty and the Dean to create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning, scholarship, and service, including oversight of faculty assignments, scheduling, and workload
- Act as a leadership role model who inspires a sense of college community and motivate positive values in all interactions
- Participate in the development of policies for nursing students, ensuring that they are congruent with the College, publicly accessible, and non-discriminatory
- Ensure the appropriate application of student policies and the correct implementation of related procedures by faculty
- Identify the resources required to provide student services that are commensurate with the needs of nursing students, including those receiving instruction using alternative methods of delivery
- Ensure the implementation of policies and procedure that allows program complaints and grievances to receive due process and include evidence of resolution; implements strategies for continuous improvement based on the evaluation of complaints and grievances
- Ensure that orientation to technology is provided and that technological support is available to students
- Facilitate the faculty in their development of the curriculum and its regular review to ensure integrity, rigor, and currency; ensures that accreditation standards and criteria are used as they relate to curriculum
- Ensure that practice learning environments support the achievement of student learning outcome is and program outcomes
- Facilitate faculty to ensure that learning activities, instructional materials, and evaluation methods are appropriate for all delivery formats and consistent with the student learning outcomes
- Identify fiscal, physical, and learning resources for the achievement of the student learning outcomes and program outcomes
- Identify the fiscal, physical, technological, and learning resources required to meet the needs of the faculty and students engaged in alternative methods of delivery
- Participate in governance activities; facilitate faculty and student representatives in their participation in governance activities
- Facilitate the implementation of recommendations made by communities of interest regarding program processes and decision making
- Orient and mentor program leaders or support staff to their role
- Maintain authority and shared responsibility with the Dean for the development and administration of the nursing program
- Engage in the preparation and administration of the program budget; ensures faculty input
- Participate in the development of policies for nursing faculty and staff to ensure that they are comprehensive and provide for the welfare of faculty and staff
- Create and submit reports and documentation to appropriate regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and State Boards of Nursing
- Unencumbered Nursing License in this state
- Graduate Degree in Nursing, Doctoral Degree required
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
- Position requires critical thinking, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and decision making
- Physical demands in the classroom and office are minimal and are considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or carrying articles such as records, files, and books (10 pounds maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and printer/scanner occurs on a frequent basis
- Physical demands in the clinical area may include lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling, stooping, crouching, bending, or any other related activity
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students’ success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.