RN Registered Nurse PACU
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse PACU Schedule: Full Time - Variable Days - Call Required Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Surgical Services department. Submit your application today!
The Registered Staff Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The nurse possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices. The practice of the Registered Nurse will support the mission, vision and values of Medical City Frisco – A Medical City Plano Facility and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
Benefits:We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY AND DUTIES: Pre-OP / PACU RN
• Assess patients prior to surgery • Ensure that operative and informed consents are signed and in order • Take and record vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure • Initiate IVs and ensure that patients are informed about the procedure• Assess patients’ post-operative condition• Monitor vital signs• Log all findings in patient files • Answer patient questions and ensure they are kept comfortable • Monitor patients for condition changes and report any changes to the physician • Perform intervention duties in cases of post-operative emergencies
QUALIFICTIONS AND REEQUIREMENTS:
The RN provides direct nursing in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. The current requirements are:
- Graduated from an accredited school with Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Texas RN licensure or compact license with the ability to obtain permanent license in Texas
- Current certification as a BLS healthcare upon hire by American Heart Association
- ACLS and PALS required within 3 months
- Pre-op experience required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.