Travel Nurse RN - Progressive Care Unit - $2,170 per week
Travel Nurse Across America is seeking a travel nurse RN Progressive Care Unit for a travel nursing job in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Progressive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36.00 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Travel
We're looking for Progressive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Portsmouth, NH. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a PCU Travel Nurse, you will care for patients who require close monitoring and frequent assessment, but aren't unstable enough to need ICU care. Progressive Care Unit RNs will utilize computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information, detecting any changes and thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations. Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated. The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, and the PCU is also known as cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
As a PCU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care; stabilize critical cardiac patients.
- Change dressings, insert catheters and start IVs.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients, and interpret and record electronic displays.
- Initiate corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
Active NH or compact license Certs required: BLS,ACLS, Experience required: 2 Years
TNAA Job ID #466576. Pay package is based on 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation). Active NH or compact license Certs required: BLS,ACLS, Experience required: 2 YearsAbout Travel Nurse Across America
At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying assignments in exciting locations across the country, but it's our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated, supportive staff understands how stressful preparing for a travel assignment can be, and that's why we put our experience to work for you to remove the headaches and send you smoothly on your way.
Across our recruiting, clinical, quality assurance, payroll and housing teams, we promise to go out of our way to offer you an exceptional customer service experience. You may be a temporary employee of the facilities you serve, but when you travel with us, you become a permanent part of the TNAA family!
Some of the benefits you receive with TNAA:
- Low Census ProtectionTM - We pay for the number of hours you've agreed to work in your contract, regardless of changing needs of the hospital due to low census.
- Paid Sick Leave - Sick leave begins accruing from your first day, and you're eligible to use it after 90 days of employment.
- Travel Reimbursement - We offer up to $1,000 in travel expense reimbursement.
- Your Way is Paid - TNAA pays for all costs associated with getting the licenses and certifications needed for your assignment.
- Housing - Get the most out of your housing subsidy with our Easy Stay program or utilize our company provided housing.
- Insurance - We offer liability, vision, dental and health from Cigna, available from day one.
- Multiple Bonus Opportunities – We offer extension, rebook and completion bonuses. We also offer TNAA Boost Pay and referral bonuses.
- More of what we offer can be viewed on our website at, www.nurse.tv/benefits/.