Travel Nurse RN - Psychiatric - $1,815 per week
Travel Nurse Across America is seeking a travel nurse RN Psychiatric for a travel nursing job in Columbia, Missouri.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Psychiatric
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36.00 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Travel
We're looking for Psychiatric Nurses for an immediate travel nurse opening in Columbia, MO. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent psychiatric nursing experience. Read below for more requirements. As a Psychiatric nurse, you'll work under general supervision to provide professional nursing care for those with emotional disturbances or mental illnesses in Behavioral Health and Recovery Services. The Psychiatric Nurse also collaborates with clinical and case management staff to coordinate care and assist in patient treatment planning.
As a Psychiatric Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history, and complete physical and mental health assessments
- Observe and report patient behavioral changes. Assist patients in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
- Document all patient information on medical charts and follow physician's written orders while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Plan nursing care for patients by providing nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommending treatment options.
- Consult with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for patients.
- Administer and record reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications, arranging further medical attention when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients. Test for pain vital signs and ensure appropriate pain treatment is administered.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations and laboratory results according to standard medical recordkeeping.
- Perform administrative assignments such as filing, answering phones, typing, and completing electronic progress notes.
2+ years of Psych experience as well as prior travel. BLS and CPI required. Must be willing and able to float as needed
TNAA Job ID #453212. Pay package is based on 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation). 2+ years of Psych experience as well as prior travel. BLS and CPI required. Must be willing and able to float as neededAbout Travel Nurse Across America
At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying assignments in exciting locations across the country, but it's our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated, supportive staff understands how stressful preparing for a travel assignment can be, and that's why we put our experience to work for you to remove the headaches and send you smoothly on your way.
Across our recruiting, clinical, quality assurance, payroll and housing teams, we promise to go out of our way to offer you an exceptional customer service experience. You may be a temporary employee of the facilities you serve, but when you travel with us, you become a permanent part of the TNAA family!
Some of the benefits you receive with TNAA:
- Low Census ProtectionTM - We pay for the number of hours you've agreed to work in your contract, regardless of changing needs of the hospital due to low census.
- Paid Sick Leave - Sick leave begins accruing from your first day, and you're eligible to use it after 90 days of employment.
- Travel Reimbursement - We offer up to $1,000 in travel expense reimbursement.
- Your Way is Paid - TNAA pays for all costs associated with getting the licenses and certifications needed for your assignment.
- Housing - Get the most out of your housing subsidy with our Easy Stay program or utilize our company provided housing.
- Insurance - We offer liability, vision, dental and health from Cigna, available from day one.
- Multiple Bonus Opportunities – We offer extension, rebook and completion bonuses. We also offer TNAA Boost Pay and referral bonuses.
- More of what we offer can be viewed on our website at, www.nurse.tv/benefits/.