Your Job: The Manager Cardiology will provide for first line supervision of staff and coordination of patient care and diagnostic procedures for the Post Coronary Intervention Unit (PCIU), Non-Invasive Cardiology areas (Echocardiography, EKG, Stress Testing, and Holter monitoring areas), Cardiac Catheterization, Interventional Radiology, and Electrophysiology Labs. You will ensure proper staffing levels in these areas are maintained, ensures proper nursing practices are carried out, and coordinates patient satisfaction and customer service initiatives. You will also assist the director with staff recruitment and staff retention initiatives; implements disciplinary and performance improvement processes as necessary. Supports and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic plans of Methodist Health System. Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science of Nursing required.
- ACLS, BCLS
- Current Certification in specialized nursing discipline (CVRN, CERN, CORN, etc.) required or commitment to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- 2 years supervisory experience in a health care setting required.
- 2 years cardiac nursing experience required. Cath Lab experience strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Designs staffing plan(s) appropriate for the census and workload.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing the daily function and operation of MUSE database and data management system for EKG and stress tests.
- Assesses and promotes an environment of patient safety.
- Conducts purposeful, formal and informal surveillance (observations and reviews) of clinical care by means of, for examples, chart reviews, patient/family interviews, occurrence (Midas) report trends, shadowing staff and patients, assessing for teaching opportunities.
- Assures areas are in compliance with the latest JCAHO and other (example: Texas Department of Health, hospital specific requirements) accrediting agency requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of performing various procedures done within assigned areas (i.e. Monitor patients during T.E.E., Pharmacologic Echo tests, General patient care duties in PCIU).
- Provides objective and quantifiable (where required) input to operational and capital budgeting needs for areas assigned
- Meets with new employees within 90 days to discuss performance, identify additional learning/support needs and seek ideas regarding the orientation process.
- Influences education by collaborating with unit-based educator and other resources, for examples, Dept of Organizational Effectiveness, Dept Ed, Pharmacy, Physical Medicine, the Medical Staff.
- Demonstrates responsibility for creating an environment of energy and enthusiasm by fostering recognition of employees.
- Participates in planning and the implementation of budgets with cardiology business manager.
- Reviews productivity performance monthly and uses productivity measures to guide management of resources in relationship to work volume.
- Ensures department is charging accurately and appropriately according to policy and regulation.
- Other duties as assigned by Director