Labor & Delivery Clinical Nurse Coord
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.BENEFITS:
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit. The Charge Nurse also provides feedback to the nursing director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
POPULATION SERVED: All employees, staff of LPMC in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and the community served.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
QualificationsREQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION:Texas RN license or Compact State Nursing License
- Requirements met for licensure.
- External Fetal Monitoring education through AWHONN, if on an approved leave or FMLA, a 30 day grace period will be given
- BCLS Certification, if on an approved leave or FMLA, a 30 day grace period will be given
- NRP Certification, if on an approved leave or FMLA, a 30 day grace period will be given
- Preferred healthcare experience related to the maternal child areas
- ACLS, if on an approved leave or FMLA, a 30 day grace period will be given
- High-quality communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in charting and order entry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Breastfeeding and lactation education.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.