Clinical Research Nurse II (FT), Heart & Vascular Research
Manages investigational research studies. Performs a wide range of clinical and non-clinical tasks associated with conducting clinical trials and research studies. Provides care, education, and support to investigational research studies, patients, and their families. Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care to inpatients and outpatients receiving investigational therapy.
- Screening and recruiting potential study subjects.
- Educates patient and family regarding investigational therapy in collaboration with the medical plan of care.
- Ensures that patients are scheduled for study follow-ups and for periodic testing required by the study protocol.
- Coordinates the data collection process for studies and processes forms accordingly.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of investigational agents and other medication per research protocol.
- Ensures security of study supplies and study documentation.
- Coordinates specimen collection. Records and maintains data for the research studies.
- Evaluates research patients for drug and/or disease-related toxicities and symptoms.
- Coordinates and communicates protocol-related treatment plans to other health professionals.
- Educates healthcare professional regarding investigational research protocols.
- Coordinates with the research team to address patient care delivery issues and quality improvement efforts.
- Reviews new protocols for feasibility and makes recommendations.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of study protocols, consent forms, and other study documentation to departmental research groups and the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Previous knowledge of clinical research based on study protocols preferred.
- Awareness of ethical consideration regarding investigational research studies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required.