Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR - Operating Room for a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in providing care for the perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive preoperative assessment, planning and implementing individualized nursing interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritizes multiple complex patient and physician needs to delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care assignments to personnel supervised, considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used, patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical skills by seeking out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serves as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and technicians.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates actions that work to improve processes within the department.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years’ advanced surgical experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are valued as a team member? This position is part time working in our surgical area. As a RN, you will be a vital member of the care team for our patients. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.Uses the nursing process in care delivery and provides nursing leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates independently on complex cases.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)