Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care in home care settings.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation, including but not limited to the processing of physician orders, in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding all aspects of patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care, contacts physician and facilitates the process using care pathways, when appropriate. Contacts the patient's physician regarding changes to patient's plan(s) of care.
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of care. Performs ongoing chart review on case load with attention to accurateness, recertifications, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care; ensures every visit performed is within assigned frequency; ensures that overall documentation supports coverage of service as defined by regulation or payor. Reports to supervisor when needed.
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient care management to patients assigned, ongoing patient chart/record review with attention to completeness and accuracy of plan of care, comprehensive assessment, start of care, resumption's and recertification's, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care.
- Completes documentation timely and accurately with prompt response to supervisors, preceptor or others request for corrections.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of clinical documentation programs. Completes competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Completes training modules as directed, seeks assistance and asks questions as needed to learn and understand home health and hospice regulations, standards and practices;. Identifies when a patient may be appropriate for recertification and contact physician for orders. Follow the process for recertification and creates a new Plan of Care. Completes resumption of care appropriately and develops updated orders and goals based on assessment findings.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Looking for an opportunity where patients come first, and you are valued as a team member? We have opportunities for you! We have Full-Time, Part Time and PRN positions available on various shifts. You will be a vital member of the care team for our patients, assessing and evaluating their condition, while providing compassion and comfort. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.Participates in training nurse residency program to provide professional nursing care to patients, which includes assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, delegating and monitoring tasks assigned to other members of the care team in accordance with professional nursing standards. Works in urban or rural areas according to distribution of staff and patients. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)