Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Under the direction of the RN Preceptor:
- Performs delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing care activities for population served. Delegated specialized tasks may include anything for which training was received in the approved nursing program. In the state of Oklahoma, this does not include tasks/skills which must be performed by a licensed nurse.
- Performs patient assessments including biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family education plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation (Oklahoma), including, but not limited to, the processing of physician orders, in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgement.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient care. (Oklahoma)
- Completes competency requirements satisfactorily. (Oklahoma)
- Completes training as required; seeks assistance and asks questions as needed to learn and understand role. (Oklahoma)
- As part of the SSM Health nursing department, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and care needs of our patients and our patient populations. (Oklahoma)
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner. (Oklahoma)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Oklahoma)
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
Are you a new graduate of an RN program? Are you ready to start your career here at SSM Health? We want to hear from you and talk with you about your interests, clinical experience and many more aspects of your decision process. Let us show you that SSM Health is a great home for a newly graduated RN!Pre-licensure graduate of an accredited nursing program who actively participates in SSM Health New Graduate Nurse Residency Program. Under the direction of RN, provides care to patients within scope of role and professional standards. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. Nurse Residents in the state of Oklahoma can perform responsibilities designated below (Oklahoma). Nurse Residents in Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri can perform all responsibilities listed.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)