Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery for a nursing job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Labor and Delivery
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Collects and analyzes pertinent health data to develop and implement an individualized plan of care that includes interventions and alternatives to attain expected, measurable outcomes for women and newborns in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Coordinates care delivery to promote woman-, newborn-, and family-centered care within their scope of practice. Employs health teaching strategies that promote, maintain, or restore health within the context of a safe environment for woman, newborn, family-centered care.
- Evaluates the progress toward attainment of expected outcomes in the context of woman, newborn, and family-centered care.
- Determines decisions and actions on behalf of women, fetuses, and newborns in an ethical manner and guided by a sound framework for ethical decision-making. Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles when caring for women, newborns, and families.
- Communicates and collaborates with women, families, health care providers, and the community in providing safe and holistic care.
- Serves as a role model, change agent, consultant, and mentor to women, families, healthcare consumers, and other health care professionals. Acquires and maintains knowledge and competencies that reflect current evidence-based nursing practice for women, newborns, and families.
- Generates or integrates evidence to identify, examine, validate, and evaluate interprofessional knowledge, theories, and varied approaches in providing care to women and newborns. Practices, evaluates, and, if indicated, implements new measures to improve the quality of nursing practice for women and newborns.
- Evaluates their own nursing practice and participates in the evaluation of others in relation to current evidence-based consumer care information, professional practice standards and guidelines, statutes, rules and regulations. Considers resource factors related to safety, effectiveness, technological advances, and fiscal responsibility when planning and delivering care to women and newborns.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner when planning and delivering care to women, newborns, and families.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to women's services nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the departments Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)