Director, University Healthcare
Pace University, located in New York City, is seeking a Director of University HealthCare to lead the University Healthcare units in NYC and Pleasantville by overseeing all administrative aspects including assessment (quantitative metrics as well as qualitative evidence), finance and budget, supplies and services, and scheduling staff to ensure access to health care services. This key position oversees the provision of primary health care via virtual and in-person visits for Pace University students, faculty, staff and alumni across all campuses as well as maintains their own patient panel. In addition, you will oversee the professional and support staff on both campuses, ensuring a customer service focus as evidenced by patient satisfaction. With a firm foundation in evidence-based practice and best practices in primary health care, the Director will champion continuous quality improvement as well as liaise with key internal and external members of the University community, including community partners and local Departments of Health.
- Provide strong administrative leadership for the overall operation of University Health Care, including clinical care, assessment, budgetary and logistical matters.
- Actively engage with the American College Health Association and local professional groups of UHC directors to stay informed about current and emerging trends and effective strategies.
- Become credentialed with major insurance providers.
- Determine best method(s) for assessing patient satisfaction and monitor results at least twice a year; with UHC staff, analyze the data and implement ongoing quality improvement strategies.
- Coach and mentor professional and support staff, encouraging personal and professional development by participating in local and national continuing education within budgetary constraints.
- Liaise with key members of the University community and community partners including local Departments of Health, regarding health and wellness needs and services.
- Collaborate with CHP Director of Communications and University Relations to increase community awareness of CHP services via the web site, ORCA TV, social media, Facebook, and other platforms as needed.
- Represent UHC on University committees and special initiatives, as needed.
- Provide health and wellness guidance to students, staff members, faculty, and community partners regarding clinical issues or challenges as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with UHC policies, procedures, and clinical protocols.
- Liaise with the insurer for Pace University regarding service utilization and risk management for all UHC activities.
- Maintain personal continuing professional development (both clinical and leadership) by participating in local and national continuing education within budgetary constraints.
- Direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for all UHC activities; with UHC staff, analyze the data and implement ongoing quality improvement strategies.
- Provide clinical guidance and contribute to the university's management of national and/or state public health crises or emergencies, in collaboration with internal and external colleagues.
- Current New York State RN license
- Master's degree in nursing required; DNP a plus
- Current national certification as a nurse practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Must be certified and registered as a nurse practitioner (NP) by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) in order to practice as an NP in New York
- Expert clinical competence
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring experience
- Two years of primary health care experience as a Nurse Practitioner required; three or more years preferred
- Three years of progressive administrative experience required; five or more years preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technological proficiency including Microsoft Office, ZOOM, EHR
To apply, please visit: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/16837
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University's Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University's Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which can be accessed here. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.