Overview Medical Cardiology Stepdown at HCA Mission Hospital
Registered Nurse - Full-Time - Nights Med Card Stepdown Unit ("5 Heart") Profile:
- Patient Population: patients with acute and chronic heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, post heart catheter procedures (stent placements, etc), pulmonary hypertension, and all types of arrhythmias.
- Type of work: pre/post right heart catheterization and ICD placement care, pacemaker placements and post-ablation care, pre/post cardiac catheter care, pre/post coronary intervention care, assistance with bedside cardioversions and transcutaneous pacing for symptomatic heart blocks, maintenance of ICU-initiated drips, and work with common medications specific to the care of this patient population.
- Beds: 40
- Ratios: 1:4 to 1:5
- Skills Pathways: Work on 5 Heart provides Registered Nurses with the opportunity to play an integral role in the Team-Based Care model, and it provides exceptional foundational experience in medical care and telemetry for cardiac patients that may lend to future skills pathways to intensive care units or other nursing specialties, depending on the nurse’s individual career goals.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Mission Health System, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
If you're ready to take the next step in your career with challenging, rewarding work with the cardiac patient population - apply today! Registered Nurse at Mission Hospital:Role Summary:
Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions. Required Education:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval. Preferred Education:
Masters in Nursing. Required License or Certifications:
Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider. Preferred License or Certifications:
National Certification in area of specialty. Required Experience:
One-year hospital nursing experience Preferred Experience:
Previous experience with Telemetry, Progressive Care, Stepdown Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.