Health Center Nursing Manager
The Benton County Health Clinics is seeking a Nursing Manager to help coordinate employee health needs for The Community Health Centers (CHC) employees. This is a registered nurse position who will work in clinical, community, and home settings to provide a broad range of nursing services aimed at disease prevention, treatment, and health policy implementation. This position plays a key role in coordination of all clinical nursing strategies for nursing education, prevention and service delivery.
Nursing Services and Program Management
- Manage and supervise the health center clinical nurses and other assigned staff Responsibilities include prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions
- Perform individual, comprehensive, physical and psycho-social health assessments of clients identifying actual and potential health needs.
- Provide care coordination and case management, health education, nursing assessment, patient triage, and medication counseling to health center clients of all age ranges.
- Develop and monitor reasonable and measurable outcomes with client. Monitor interventions implemented to achieve these outcomes.
- Manage client medication. May include: maintaining/dispensing medications to clients. Provide medication management training to clients. Oversee vaccine storage.
- Acts as a lead with regards to emergency management planning within the CHC.
RN Care Coordination
- Develop and lead implementation of a broad nursing strategy that includes multiple sites, and development of new nursing strategies.
- Work collaboratively with care team to plan and monitor patient panel needs to address targeted population.
- Collaborate with management at the Health Center and Health Department to deliver an integrated approach to programs and services.
- Participate in design, development and implementation of Quality Improvement processes and initiatives. Uses Quality Improvement tools and data to evaluate and guide decisions and demonstrate improvement.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to assure efficient and professional delivery of services.
- Ensure compliance with department and county policies, state and federal statutes and rules, certification/compliance requirements, and funding requirements. Provide reports demonstrating compliance as required.
- Advise senior leadership on emerging issues, policies and strategies relevant to program area.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community partners, collaborating and participating in planning and program changes to enhance continuity and a coordinated system of care within the community
- Develop and distribute materials and strategies that increase awareness of, and access to, nursing programs within Health Services and the community.
- Provide consultation, education and advisement to community agencies and the public as requested.
- Convene and/or participate in coalitions, committees and task forces at the community, regional, and/or state level.
- Responsible for planning and executing special projects.
- Coordinate emergency management needs of the CHC with community partners.
The following are minimum qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing(BSN) from an accredited college or university or higher.
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience as a nurse or related medical professional.
- Including 2 years of supervisory experience as a Nursing Supervisor or a related medical supervisor.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse license.
- Current Oregon driver's license.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Please note there is no equivalency for the required 2 years of supervisory experience.
This is a FLSA Exempt position.
This position requires driving and may require use of a personal vehicle.
Hiring is contingent on successful completion of a background investigation.
A quick glance at our available benefits:
- Annual salary range of $68,769 - $103,152; Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Employer-paid (high deductible) medical plan with additional options for an HSA or HRA account.
- The County funds up to $1400 for the HSA or HRA account.
- Choose between two dental group plans – MODA or Willamette Dental Plan.
- The Vision plan is embedded in the medical plans.
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance coverage, plus optional supplemental available for employee/spouse.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability coverage.
- Employer paid retirement contribution towards Oregon PERS.
- Deferred Compensation 457b Plan with employer contribution and optional employee contribution.
- Plus paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave; and a great work-life balance!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee works in well-lighted, clean environments. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. The employee may occasionally work with angry or hostile clients or members of the public, work with toxic substances and biohazards, and may be exposed to infectious illnesses.
Benton County is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to work force diversity, fair employment practices and non-discrimination, including pay equity for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income.
If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, please contact the Benton County Human Resources Department by calling (541)766-6081 or email [email protected]