Infusion Registered Nurse
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. Benefits: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. POSITION SUMMARY: The Las Palmas Outpatient Infusion Clinic Registered Nurse fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.
- Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a regular basis in accordance department standards. Pertinent data is collected using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Incorporates available technology to aid in physical assessment.
- Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient’s immediate condition or needs.
- Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
- Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others and health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler, preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients during the assessment of patients.
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any tasks that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his or her current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural values, religious beliefs,motional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and language barriers, as indicated.
- Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and reports as appropriate when required.
- Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
- Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by the medical team and other health care providers.
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team, formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
- Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social needs of the patient.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
- The plan is individualized to the patient’s condition, age or needs.
- The plan incorporates the discharge planning process at time of development.
- The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and health care providers, when appropriate.
- The plan reflects current nursing practice.
- The plan is documented.
- The plan provides for continuity of care.
- The plan is appropriate to the patient’s age, developmental age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related to the diagnosis.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient care.
- Performs skills proficiently and in accordance with the standards of nursing care.
- Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and education.
- Interventions are implemented in a safe and appropriate manner and documented.
- Performs nursing care in an organized and systematic manner.
- Can organize work and utilize time efficiently based on knowledge of nursing theories and procedures.
- Can interpret reports, data and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
- Addresses patient’s nutritional needs as appropriate.
- Verifies accuracy of medication administration by following all safety measures.
- Ensures medications are kept secure and stored appropriately.
- Educates patients on potential side effects of prescribed medications.
- Explains the purpose of all prescribed medications and teaches patient’s the appropriate self- administration of medications as part of discharge planning process.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of goals defined in the plan-of-care.
- Evaluation is systematic and ongoing.
- The patient, significant others, and health care providers are involved in the evaluation process when appropriate.
- Is able to articulate the organization mission, vision and values and how it relates to the RN role.
- Advocates on behalf of our patients and their family.
- Continuously pursues patient safety.
- Teaches, supervises, and serves as a resource person and delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff members.
- Serves as a preceptor and completes the appropriate documentation of training and competency.
- Performs unit specific technical skills.
- Can manage multiple priorities.
- Has advanced time-management skills.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Is an engaged member of the unit and seeks opportunities to participate on various hospital committees.
- Is an active participant in achieving facility patient throughput goals of the organization
- Increases the value of the care provided by ensuring efficient and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensures patient charges are correctly assigned by utilizing point of use accounting systems in supply rooms and other areas.
- Manages incremental overtime by minimizing occurrence through proactive transition of care planning.
- Manages time and attendance by arriving on-time for work assignment, facilitating coverage when absent from work, clocking in and out accurately.
- Is highly engaged on all service excellence quality initiatives such as: hourly rounding, patient discharge phone calls, narration of care provided and golden hour.
- Provides exceptional service to hospital medical staff.
- Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
- Employee reflects HCA Service Excellence standards in every interaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required: Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree; previous experience in Oncology or Infusion Clinic setting LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES: Required: Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State; CRNI or OCN certification must be obtained within one year of hire; BCLS certification Preferred: CRNI or OCN certification; ACLS certification
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.