Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join its Mental Health Department.
DESCRIPTION OF DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: A31 Mental Health Clinic
Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
Title of Position: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Position Type: FT/PT
Pay Range: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Location: 37 West 26th Street 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010
Organization/Department/Program: A31 Mental Health Clinic
Description of Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director and in collaboration with the staff psychiatrist, provides psychiatric care to children, adolescents, and adults. This is a full/part-time position. Successful candidates will have specialty training in psychiatry and have expertise in addressing the mental health/psychiatric needs of a diverse population. Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and diagnostic assessments of children, adolescents and adults with a wide range of mental health disorders.
- Prepare timely reports on findings of the evaluations including diagnostic impressions and treatment recommendations.
- Provide psychiatric consultation and treatment of children, adolescents and adults; including psychopharmacologic treatment and psychotherapy.
- Coordinate and consult with community mental health providers for NAC clients, as needed.
- Provide emergency psychiatric consultation and crisis intervention services to NAC clients in collaboration with the treatment team as needed.
- Consult with social work and medical staff on clinical case issues in multi-disciplinary team model.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must possess Registered Nurse with a Master's degree from an accredited college or university and specialty training in Psychiatry.
- Candidates must be clinically competent in psychiatry and must possess sufficient experience to independently perform the duties of a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- The candidate must have Board Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- State of New York RN/Nurse Practitioner License, DEA number, Current CPR Certification.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a variety of clinical duties as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum of two-years of post- graduation clinical experience in culturally competent, evidence-based clinical practice with children, adults, and families.
- Experience with social welfare population highly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: Please indicate "Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner" in the subject line when applying.
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
Email: [email protected]
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity, entity and inclusion.