Practical Nurse (Ltc)
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 02/24/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Must be a graduate of school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing.
- Must possess a full, active, current and unrestricted licensure as a licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or District of Columbia.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred.
- IV medication administration experience preferred.
- Complex wound care and tracheostomy care experience preferred.
Grade Determinations: GS-6: Completion of at least 1 year of qualifying experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent fully meeting all performance requirements for the GS-5 LPN/LVN.Applicants must meet the following:
- Technical proficiency in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Ability to use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments; and to accurately recognize, report and record relevant] patient information.
- Ability to observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care.
- Ability to prepare and administers prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and performs treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations.
- Knowledge of handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
References: VA Qualification Standards in VA Handbook 5005/3, Part II, Appendix G13.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must possess the ability to do the following: heavy lifting and carrying, 45 pounds and over; pulling, pushing and reaching above the shoulder; walking, standing, kneeling and repeated bending. Ability to distinguish basic colors, correctable vision, and emotional/mental stability. Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.