Clinical Research Associate
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Clinical Research Associate (CRA) is responsible for coordinating activities related to Clinical Trials within the institution. It includes multidisciplinary collaboration with medical, nursing and pharmacy personnel, diagnostic services, cancer registry and social services. The position also includes patient advocacy and education, education of other hospital personnel, research, and marketing and promotion of the program. The CRA will engage in communication outside of the institution with sponsoring organizations and federal regulatory agencies. This position requires a significant degree of independence and ability to make professional decisions.
CONNECTING TO MISSION:
All individuals, within the scope of their position are responsible to perform their job in light of the Mission & Values of the Health System. Regardless of position, every job contributes to the challenge of providing health care. There is an ongoing responsibility for ensuing that the values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Hospitality, Holistic Approach, Stewardship and Collaboration are present in our interactions with one another in the service we provide.
• A Bachelors Degree in Nursing/ or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) related to the conduct of clinical trials preferred.
• Prior oncology related experience preferred.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and be detail-oriented.
• Public speaking and formal writing experience are desirable.
• Familiar with regulatory matters.
• Transportation to drive to physician offices or attend regulatory/other meetings.
LICENSE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
• Certified by SoCRA or other related research body preferred