EV Registered Nurse RN - Clinical Educator, Per Diem - San Diego
Join the Coram CVS/specialty infusion services team as a Nurse Sales Liaison. Combine your clinical skills and marketing experiences in a business development setting. Working for an industry leader and the largest home infusion organization you play an integral role in delivering high-quality patient care and expanding our reach through the partnerships with our hospitals. Key responsibilities: *Assigned to selected hospitals to collaborate with case managers, physicians, referral sources and home health agencies to facilitate patient discharge and coordination of care. *Conduct initial infusion set-up and patient/caregiver training on our therapy services and technology. Assesses method of administration based on physician orders. Introduces formulary changes, diagnosis and route of feeding and advances in nutrition support. *Identify opportunities for improvement in patient care and participate in the institution's quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives as requested. *Maintain and grow core therapy admissions through customer relationships and provide responsive customer service within assigned hospitals. Work closely with the Territory Manager or Regional Vice President of Sales present and negotiate therapy programs.
This will be a Nurse Educator per diem in San Diego area. Support may be in person or telephonic.
Weekends Fri - Sun 20-25 hours/ week
As an RN Nurse Educator, you will have the opportunity to use your clinical IV infusion skills, case management and educating experiences working for the industry leader in home infusion. You will partner with various departments of assigned hospital systems to initiate high-quality care for our patients who are preparing for discharge to their homes. Responsibilities include actively building strong relationships with current and new customers along with partnering with our internal team.
As a RN Clinical Liaison Nurse Educator you will -
* Coordinate patient admission with other members of the Coram health care team in order to meet patient home infusion care needs.
* Use your skills in the areas of venous access device management, infection control, and safe practice of IV infusion nursing.
* Conduct initial infusion set-ups and patient/caregiver education on our therapy services at bedside before they are discharged.
* Initiate, develop and grow relationships during regular sales calls with physicians, social workers, discharge planners and other healthcare practitioners to facilitate efficient coordination to home and increase number of referrals.
* Work in a rapidly changing environment requiring multi-tasking, critical thinking and creative problem-solving
* Provide clinical support to transition patients from hospitals to the home.
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare and https://vimeo.com/search?q=cvshealth
* Registered Nurse with current license in CA
* Minimum one year clinical nursing experience.
* Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance.
* Must have and maintain current CPR certification.
* Advanced computer skills.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills (written and verbal) a must
RN Diploma, Associates or B.S. degree in nursing
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.