Registered Nurse - RN - Home Infusion - PRN - Charlotte
In this role, you will be responsible for providing primary patient care for patients, to include assessments, care planning, evaluation and education of patients receiving infusion therapy, and/or other nursing services in accordance with the care matrices and best demonstrated practices in the home or alternate site setting.
• Provides nursing care and treatment of home infusion patients in accordance with the physician’s plan of treatment and with company policies and procedures, and all applicable accreditation, federal, state, and local regulations.
• Applies appropriate ethical, legal, confidentiality and advocacy principles to the planning and delivery of patient care.
• Provides professional nursing care and treatment of home infusion patients in accordance with the Physician Plan of Treatment.
• Obtains correct, appropriate, and timely physician orders for nursing care provided.
• Collaborates with pharmacy staff to develop and monitor goals of patient therapy.
• Communicates with physician and other members of health care team as regarding changes in patient status and to discuss recommendations.
• Coordinates patient admission with other members of the health care team in order to meet patient home infusion care needs and other care needs as assessed.
• Demonstrates competency in venous access device management, infection control, and safe practice of infusion nursing.
• Identifies learning needs of patient and/or care giver. Provides appropriate intervention and instruction for patient/care giver to safely administer care at home.
• Ensures patient competence and compliance with all self-care, including procedures and infection control; re-educates as necessary, and documents/communicates the need for re-education.
• Appropriately documents patient care activity, home infusion nursing services provided and all communication with patient and physician.
• Documentation is legible, accurate, complete, and complies with company policy and procedure for electronic and paper patient clinical record entries.
• Maintains client files according to policies of Coram, in compliance with standards set by regulatory and accrediting agencies. Monitors patient progress to collaborative home infusion goals to assess medical, psychosocial, and home care environment on an ongoing basis.
• Participates in on call activities as directed.
• Troubleshoots problems regarding operational and clinical procedures. Responds to customer inquiries and resolves patient complaints.
• Participates in education and training regarding patient care and topics related to infusion therapy services as required by the State Board of Nursing and company policy.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This PRN position requires travel in Charlotte and surrounding areas. Occasionally, required to travel up to 150 miles to visit a patient. You will be compensated for your time and paid mileage. Will participate with on-call and holiday coverage.
* Registered Nurse with current license in state of North Carolina. Additional licensure may be required in multi-state service areas.
* Minimum one year nursing experience; IV-related experience a plus
* Have and maintain current CPR certification
* Possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance
* Have experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Word to document and track patient care activity.
* Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
Evening/weekend availability a plus
RN Diploma, Associates or B.S. degree in nursing
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.