RN(Assistant Nurse Manager) 2W-Medical Surgical Step Down Unit
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) [formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)] or The Commission Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- MSN is preferred.
- Certification in area of assignment preferred and approved by Nurse Professional Standards Boards.
- History of excellent collaborative relationships with nurses and support services.
- Minimum three years of recent experience as a Registered Nurse Acute Care Nursing Surgical Care Nursing
- Minimum of two years of recent progressive leadership experience such as Charge Nurse or Team Leader is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated team building and problem solving skills.
- Experience in coordinating the daily flow of patient care.
- Critical Care/ICU/Step Down experience preferred.
Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of experience, or ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years' experience or a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years' experience, or a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no experience.
Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years' experience or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years' experience.
References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G6 Nurse Qualification Standard.
Direct patient care work involves considerable walking and standing (up to 12 hours/day), pushing, pulling, bending, and heavy lifting (45 pounds and over). The incumbent accepts assignment on any tour of duty and in whatever area services are required.
In-direct patient care work is mostly sedentary. Typically the employee sits comfortably to complete the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending and carrying of light items such as patient records and supplies Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.