Injury Prevention Outreach Coordinator RN
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a work environment as a Trauma Injury Prevention Outreach Education Coordinator (RN) where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Overland Park Regional Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team. We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At OPRMC We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Work schedule will include days/weekends/nights depending on outreach schedule.
- Great leadership in autonomous work environment.
- Collaboratively work with patients, staff, community and other professionals regarding Trauma Injury Prevention Program.
- The American College of Surgeons (ACS) has determined that a successful Injury Prevention Program requires a dedicated staff member who provides support to the Trauma Program Director of Trauma Services in coordinating the trauma education processes for the program across the continuum of care and in the professional community. The trauma education and injury prevention coordinator takes a leadership role in the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of trauma educational programs/projects for staff, patients, and the community (both professional and public) across the continuum of trauma care. The trauma education and injury prevention coordinator provides education that is consistent with the trauma standard of care Trauma Performance Improvement Plan, and professional organizational standards. These educational processes may include: orientation, annual competency assessment, preceptor orientation/development, required training, ongoing development and performance improvement.
Coordinates trauma education across the continuum of care working collaboratively with all departments that interface with the trauma patient.
Participates in the trauma center's outreach programs. Participates in local, regional, State and National trauma events/injury prevention events consistent with trauma center requirements. Coordinates, implements, and maintains injury prevention programs based on Trauma Registry statistical data, epidemiologic data, trauma system data, the National Trauma Data Bank, CDC, and other data sources and the needs of the community. Works in collaboration with other trauma centers that offer community outreach activities to include injury prevention in their programs.Provides technical assistance and support in training staff and community leaders to lead educational injury prevention programs within the community. Includes and tracks community and governmental agency partnerships to meet the educational needs of groups at risk for injury. Provides monthly report to the Trauma Systems Committee on injury prevention activities. Maintains accurate records of all injury prevention activities.
Remains knowledgeable on injury prevention legislation activities (locally, regionally, and nationally). Collaborates with marketing/provider relations on injury prevention materials to be distributed within the community. Develops evaluation tools and tracks program data for assessing progress in the community. Provides patient feedback to outside facilities transferring injured patients, including options for education to meet identified performance improvement opportunities. Participates in multidisciplinary Injury Prevention research as appropriate.
Identifies sources for funding of injury prevention related projects; including completion of project proposals and grant applications. Coordinates the following educational programs: ATLS, TNCC, RTTD and other educational programs and activities as directed.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- BSN required, master’s degree in health related field preferred.
- RN licensure in Kansas, BLS, ACLS, TNCC and/or ATCN required.
- TNCC instructor certification within 12 months of employment.
- ATLS course coordinator within approved timeframe.
- TNCC course director within approved timeframe.
- Membership in professional organization: ENA and STN preferred. (ENA and STN required post hire)
- Minimum of 5 years recent clinical experience in a Level I or II trauma center in an emergency department, critical care, or other trauma nursing setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to maintain flexibility and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Computer familiarity using Windows (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook andPower Point).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload.
- Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Excellent organizational skills; effectively coordinate educational courses including design and implementation.
- Experience in public speaking.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.