Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates the plan of care. POPULATION SERVED: All employees, staff of LPMC in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and community served. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
QualificationsREQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Texas RN license or Compact State Nursing License
- BLS Certification
- ACLS-within 6 months of hire for GN/Non-experienced Maternal Nurses
- NRP-within 6 months of hire for GN/ Non-experienced Maternal Nurses
- STABLE-within 6 months of hire for GN/ Non-experienced Maternal Nurses
- Basic Fetal Monitoring completed within 30 days from start of floor orientation.
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring through AWHONN within 12 months from finish of floor orientation.
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring through HCA, with in 2 years of Intermediated Fetal Monitoring.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in charting and order entry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Breastfeeding and lactation education
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.