Nurse/RN Senior Leadership (Chief Nurse CLC)
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/31/2021.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. Must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English language.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse IV - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired, and approximately 3-4 years of nursing practice/experience.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of progressive nursing practice or practice in a related healthcare field with demonstrated knowledge and expertise in leadership and program management, required. Your experience, knowledge and expertise in leadership and program management must be reflected on your resume to include hours worked per week and specific dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present).
- Within the five (5) years of nursing experience must possess at least two (2) years performed in a leadership and/or supervisory capacity, required. Your leadership and/or supervisory experience must be reflected on your resume to include hours worked per week and specific dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present).
- Knowledge in skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, restorative care, long term spinal cord injury diseases, hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of Federal Tags for Centers Medicaid/Medicare Services.
- Knowledge of Skin and Wound Care programs, Fall Prevention programs, Restorative care programs, Nutrition programs and Self medication programs.
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required. Employee is required to visit the remote clinics to perform surveys and attend meetings. The employee will also need to travel to the United States for meetings and training Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.