Physician Assistant, Float
7 days left
- Full Time
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 03/31/2021. This position may close sooner if a candidate is selected or be extended to solicit additional candidates.
Basic Requirements for Physician Assistant:
- United States Citizenship. Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education. The candidate must meet the following:[Graduate of a training program which is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of PA (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor organizations. Additionally, candidates must meet one of the following:
- (1) Master's degree in any discipline OR
- (2) Bachelor's degree in any discipline with one year of experience as a Physician Assistant
- Certification. Must have successfully passed the PA National Certifying Exam (PANCE).
- Licensure. PAs must possess an active, current, full, and unrestricted license to practice in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. PAs must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active and current licensure in that State.
- Impaired Licensure. A PA who has, or has ever had, any license(s) revoked, suspended, denied, restricted, limited, or issued/placed in a probationary status may be appointed only in accordance with the provisions of chapter 3, section B, paragraph 13 of this part.
- Exceptions for Graduate PAs.
- PAs who otherwise meet the basic requirements, but do not possess the required licensure, may be appointed, pending licensure, as a graduate PA on a temporary full-time appointment not-to-exceed two years under the authority of 38 U.S.C. § 7405(c)(2)(B).
- Graduate PAs may only be appointed at the entry grade level and may not be promoted/converted until certification is obtained.
- Temporary graduate PA appointments may not be extended beyond two years or converted to a new temporary appointment.
Physical Requirements. See VA Directive and Handbook 5019, Employee Occupational Health Service.
Note: Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and utilized in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy. Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.