6 days left
- Full Time
Under direction, to perform work providing medical services to patients within the scope of their license to practice in the State of Indiana in a physician office practice setting. This position will work collaboratively with psychiatrists at both campuses, supporting ED evaluations, disposition of patients, and in-patient coverage.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the adolescent, young adult, middle adult and geriatric patient served within the service line.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Demonstrates a high degree of independent action, constantly seeks new information and sources.
- Professional leadership evident through membership and active involvement in the professional community and organizations.
- Ability to assess and interpret data about the patients status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and to provide the care needed by the adolescent, young adult, middle adult and geriatric patient groups serviced.
- Ability to update and maintain current knowledge based through continuing education.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a recognized college or university of nurse practitioner training.
- Bachelors Nursing Required
- 3 Healthcare/Medical - Nurse Practitioner Preferred
- Psych Certification - Preferred
- Psych Experience - Strongly Preferred
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation certified
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.